May 2, 2009

4 movies and yet a long day..!!!

Right then, after continuous, non-stop bragging over my pathetically long exam schedule, lasting for ages (actually 3 months), I finally get a breather to spend some time home. Thanks to weather Gods that nature ranked next. Actually got one more exam to go, but I can afford a week's relaxation. The few days after the exam were pretty tedious, as I had to compensate for the loss of working hours, for studying (I wish..!!:P), and I was waiting for Friday, May 1, thinking about getting up at 10am or 11am and just lazing around the entire day, which eventually turned out to be one of the longest days ever. These are just the aftermath of a totally screwed up schedule, suddenly you dont have anything to do, but I am happy that its only one day, although breaks like these are welcome but not frequently.

Got an initial hiccup right in the morning, when I wanted to get up at 10 or 11am but ended up waking up at 7 30am, and just rolling over for the next one hour, trying to force myself to sleep, only in vain. After a long time, I had to do 'nothing', so time given the least priority. So started the day with a movie, one of the anime series' movie, which I watch. One of the best breaks for me during the exams was the IPL and it was almost time for the same. Well during exams I used to watch the match, but after the exams, somehow the inertia to watch the match dies out, unless you have a big gang. So I decided to go for another movie during the lunch. Once done with that, I just had a glimpse of the time, and to say that it moved at a snail's pace would be an underestimation. With eyes almost popping out, as what I thought to be 6 hours turned out to only 3 hours, since lunch, I decided to go for another movie, which turned to be a wrong selection, as now the race was between the movie, time and snail as to who would top the podium. I couldnt stop the movie, as I have a bad/good habit of finishing with what I start, unless its utterly trash, here it was acceptable. The movie, Pan's Labrynth, which has got a good rating at imdb, and listed in the top-250 movies to be watched, intrigued me over its hype and, to such an extent, that I ended up searching for the reason, for the next half an hour. Somehow, I couldnt accept that the movie with the usual message of bravery, sacrifice,etc, could have such high ratings. Worse part, I even dragged Ganesh (my roommate), into watching the movie, who only had sweet curses for the director. It was almost 10pm now and I knew I wouldnt be crashing before 12 or 1am, so I hit the link again for another movie, this time a better one, Fast and Furious 4, just the kind of movie for the night, so that you dont end up sleeping on the table. And after what looked like eternity, it was 00 hrs and May 2 was here. I was so busy doing 'nothing', that I decided to give my newly-borrowed fan a wash. For once its good that I dont have a vacation, as attending classes and working would atleast add some spice. I remember one of my friends, asking me what would you do when you have 'nothing' to do? I would say her, today, by the time I went to bed, I did 'nothing', but its certainly not what I want to do, when I have 'nothing' to do. Still figuring that out.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

daiiiii..... nee feel pannadhu poradhu nu mokkaiya pottu engala yellam feel panna vecchutiyeda!!!!!! :D:D:D....nanba irundhaalum oru naaliki naalu movie konjam over romba naal aachu html tags laan use panni :P

Unknown said...

machan this is sharing of feelings..!! :D

MsRulz said...

Pan's Labyrynth is a good movie.. Much better than the Fast and Furious shit... and you should stop watching those anime flicks.. may be thats what got you in this state??!!

Unknown said...

dude.. explain me whts the relation b/w civil war and the fantasy..?? and i didnt compare the 2 movies, FF4 was just a fast paced movie, for a change..!! :P

Lakshmi said...

madhan i second u!! harish me boy WATS WRONG WIT U N CIBI N THE LIKES??? anime? yuk! yukkity yuk! :P

Unknown said...

the moments which make u c the child within..!! :D

MsRulz said...

Kabhaya and Cibi are the root cause of all evil!!

Unknown said...

lol..!! :D

Abcd said...

hmmm and u guys never read LOTR , harry potter an enjoyed them ?? .
biased I say ... biased >_<