Sep 29, 2009

Hit/Miss - No wait Spams..!!

Looks like my blog hasnt been receiving much hits of-late (in a way its good to see my friends still having the patience to read this crap..!!), nevertheless, to entice the others, I have come up with an initiative to churn out my fortune with all those who read my blog. Rings a bell, ofcourse, its the same program, on the paths of the computer genius, Mr.Gates, who had first launched this program by sending out mails to all the folks around the world. And I am still wondering that even after 8 years of this program, he still has all the fortune intact, and infact increasing. Alright the argument in my case is the word 'fortune', but I can start up with small values, say 0.005 cent for every hit. :P

Anyways coming back to the topic, I cant believe that people still fall for this and keep forwarding those craps. I remember the first time when I got the mail, I was in 11th. It was quite unbelievable, but the true testimonies or the so-called true testimonies where people specifically mentioned cash to the precise value of 2 place after decimals, was not easy to ignore. Naivety took over me and I forwarded the mail to all of my friends, strangers, random email ids, however, it did strike me that I did not have a bank account then, so where will the cash go, if it ever comes. But then another friend of mine, amazing encourager, clarified me on Mr.Gates' repute ,of the ability to find anyone's personal identity and details, and yep, I walked out of the internet center gleefully, expecting to hear some kind of cash arrival announcement from my father, only in vain. Nowadays, we have similar mails in quite a lot of categories, involving Canada Lottery Organizations, Lucky email ids, etc along with people's names and digital signatures (gimme a break..!!). In a way one can take some kinda humor from these ones. The worst ones are some of these religious oriented mails, where you are bound to send them to your friends, else you'll undergo a year of bad luck. Anyways, I just got this out today, after receiving yet another mail of Microsoft, sharing its fortune, just had a few moments' laugh and SPAM..!!!

7 comments:

MsRulz said...

Ok.. I'm ready.. Do you need my bank account number?

Unknown said...

sure dude..!! just keep an account of the clicks tht u make, automatically the cash will be transferred...!! :D and no i am supposed to know your bank account number on my own..!! somehow..!!

PAPPU said...

These 'money' forwards are done to death. But did you receive this one about some lost girl whose name is 'booja'? and she is now in Kerala and she speaks some unknown language so no one can understand her and if you have any information about her then you can reply at one mail ID?
I got this mail two years back. Then after two years the same forward came back to me. And then there was the same mail, but this time with a guy's picture, .Funnily, his name was also 'booja' in the mail!! God only knows what is the point of such mails.

Unknown said...

machan courtesy utterly jobless and sadist ppl exercising their frustration on poor junta..!!

Unknown said...

though its embarrassing to say, I confess that even i fell for such a trap. Initially I thought it was for fun and even I was playing along but with more and more exchange of emails and personal information i was hoping for some huge amount of money from the lottery which would help for my studies abroad..i finally came to my senses once they asked me to pay some money for the shipping costs....now we all laugh at my stupidity ....hehehehe

Unknown said...

@dharini: everyone falls for it first time..!! but tht shud b it.. gettn the emails from old frnds who i am sure wud ve seen such n number of times is the irritation..!!

full_moon_p said...

I don't believe in it, but nevertheless, I have fun selecting the scape-goats from my contact list!