Nov 10, 2009

Be a Roman in Rome..!!!

"Be a German in Germany, or watch out for your health and don't get admitted in a hospital..!!!" Although the fact of staying in a hospital is thoroughly depressing, other than the fact of helping yourself to recover,an experience which I didn't want to mention here, but certain scenarios just help you to bring out humour amidst desolation.

Well, yeah getting admitted in a hospital 3 days before the trip back home could be devastating, but cutting the emotional attyachar here, the hospital is desperately trying to bring out the German Harish within me. Prior to this, my usual schedule was to have the breakfast at 10-11am, lunch at 2-3pm and dinner at 9-10pm and I also had lot of spices in my food. And now with the so called german military standards, I get my breakfast at 7 30am, lunch at 11 30 am and dinner at 5pm and, I dunno if its the cooking standard, but food which has only salt in it and absolutely nothing else. The first day was the best, I will never forget the nurse's and my reactions at the evening's dinner/snack or whatever.

So on the first day the dinner comes at 5pm, which I considered as snack. I mean seriously, you have some liquid called as tea and TWO bread slices and cheese. What else do you think of it as..!? I waited till around 8-9pm and then called up the nurse asking for dinner. She only replied that it was already served at 5pm. The only reaction I had was "are you freaking kidding me..!?", just didnt have enough energy to get them out. Nevertheless, I asked her, how were 2 slices of bread and cheese supposed to be dinner till the next day morning 7 30pm. The reply was the best, saying that its the standard (Man, and I was under the impression that the patient's comfort took a priority, what a dunce...!?). I was able to hold back for a few days, but then I started telling that I get hungry at 9pm  and thankfully they did get me something to eat. And now, its 11 am here and am already hungry, waiting for my lunch. I guess I just need to furnish my german, and use salt as the only spice, and start pronouncing "thinking" as "sinking" for my complete transformation.

12 comments:

kishi said...

Man...I sincerely pray for your speedy recovery...and wish u should get out of the hellllll...

Anonymous said...

Unna partha paavama irukku...! Even I will pray for u... Get Well Soon...!

Unknown said...

Unna partha paavama irukku...! Even I will pray for u... Get Well Soon...!

Unknown said...

hey maami.. en mela paridaava pada naa itha ezhuthale..!! its a humor, laugh it out...!!!

PAPPU said...

But can't someone get you food and all from outside? like fruits and stuff? Even if the hospital follows these 'standards'.

Unknown said...

yeah dude.. but since am in a different town, in a lung spl hospital, ppl cud visit me only once a week and thats when i actually get a stock..!! but then that cant happen every week right, everyone's gotta life..!!

Unknown said...

Enna Machi, Hospital a?. Sema scene a? how are the nurses over there. sama jolly pola. Enjoy well and Also get well soon.

Unknown said...

dei nzoy ellam kedayathuda the nurses r oldies..!! so kinda even more depressing..!! :(

Unknown said...

now i can understand why ur stay at the hospital is so long...good and nutritious food is very imp for any person and esp when one is sick..

Unknown said...

'and start pronouncing "thinking" as "sinking" for my complete transformation.'
Harisha! Even I sink the same :D

Unknown said...

thr's more, "yes exaktly I also on ze(the) same lines sink" (for germans verb comes at the end..!!!)

full_moon_p said...

Hospital Samayal Sadham,
Breadum cheesum pramadham,
Adu noialiga prasadam,
Eduve unnaku porum!