Sep 16, 2008

Gender Variations..!!

Yesterday, I was helping out one of my seniors move out, and we were having a normal conversation. In between conversations, she would stop and think and then again start talking, quite evident that something was bothering her, which she revealed that she was thinking if she had taken everything or missed out anything. This reminded me of the situation when we used to travel out of station, my mom would always start freaking out just an hour before we start for the station, thinking if she had switched off the gas, is the house locked properly, are the windows closed, the balcony door locked, etc. and by the time the train starts, both me and my father would make big attempts to tell her that everything is in place at house, but still those small doubts keep bothering her. So when I told her this scenario, she told me that this was because women are responsible people, i.e, they take responsibility easily. So we had quite a calm argument on who takes the responsibility better, the conclusion for which was brought about by she telling me to watch after my marriage. Nevertheless this scenario only makes me wonder, when does a woman have the ultimate sureness that the job is done and perfect. I feel this is the precise reason why they take such a long time shopping also. Men know what they want, and goto the place where they know they would get what they want, however, when it comes to woman, the moment they enter the shop, they start getting unsure, if they have reached the right place for the stuff and even if they have or have not, they would not leave the place until they have a look around for stuff which is present there, whether they want it or not. Without doubt, this is the only reason, which would drive any man crazy while shopping with a woman, who knows what she wants but is unsure whether to buy the stuff she doesn't need now (there is difference between what you want and what you need!), just because she is not in the right place. Whats even worse, men are posed with the question, do you think I should buy this. Consider the situation, that a woman wants to buy a saree, but the same shop, knowingly or unknowingly, has a jewelery section, now anyone would be attracted to have look, which is quite understandable, but the thing that really puts one off, is trying out on almost all the pieces, and finally deciding on the buying a particular piece of jewelery, which has to be one of the costliest (ok, money does not count in every time, but still!), and which is not the need of the hour, and by the time you reach the saree section (which is why you came for shopping!), it would have been two hours since you started. Well if thats not enough, consider this, reaching home and saving up the bill, just incase if they wanted to exchange, I mean common gimme a break. Exchanges are acceptable if the thing gets damaged, but exchanging almost every time you shop, what was the necessity to buy it on the first place. No wonder the word shopping lights up any girl's face, but its opposite incase of a guy, when he has to take her (well not incase of all, but most atleast!). However, all this doesn't change the fact, that they help the men choose, one of the best, though that takes some eternal time, but ultimately its a better one than what the man would have selected. The only conclusion I can make, is for any woman the thing called 100% surety on anything is out of question.

12 comments:

Abcd said...

he he ....... mostly agree :)

Abcd said...

Girls/women take responsibility seriously ..... They always stick to the rules, guys generally change rules if they trust someone .....

Arpita said...

Hahahahaha. Well don’t you think u have pulled off too much of a generalization?

Let’s be fair. You're born either a man or a woman, entirely independent of your choice. Neither of the two is born as the good, better or best gender when it comes to being responsible. Period.
I vouch that few attributes are characteristic to women (including elaborate window shopping!!1); but all species from Venus needn’t be confusion queens going on an endless shopping spree!

Though I might sound like a royal raving feminist bi*ch right now, but trust me, I shifted my base from North of Germany to Ulm, alone..without any confusion ;)

P.S. Dude no gender wars intended..so gulp it with a pinch of salt (like I did!!), else brickbat if I threw the stone too hard!

Unknown said...

@ arpita

nope this was not a war, just an irony which i got reminded of, neither i am trying to say who is the best..!! but ur shifting to Ulm from Hannover all alone without any confusion, where did that come from?

Arpita said...

The context being your senior [a female;)]who was jittery while shifting..henceforth I mentioned.

Unknown said...

aah well..!! i must say she organised it pretty well though..!! :)

Arpita said...

I'm glad to hear that coming from you :)

Unknown said...

hello..!! am not a chauvinist..!!

Arpita said...

Hey I didn't say you are one.
In fact, am a happy girl if I see appreciation for anyone, regardless of the sex..so chilllax!

Unknown said...

Well I ve always maintained impartiality as my golden rule..:D

Aparna Radhakrishnan said...

I liked the line just before your conclusion.. "the fact factor" :).
Arguing on the same topic is going to be easy for any girl/boy. But good job on making some ppl (atleast me) think on it..

Unknown said...

well I like to c the +ve side of everything..!! :D