Sep 4, 2008

Pearls from the Sky..!!

I was going through my posts, just for review, actually feels great to know that people do find the blog good, just builds up more confidence, not sounding very overwhelming though (:D), I came across a comment. Well, it was not a bad one, my friend had just posted that, this was more like a personal diary (Thanks Aparna!). Now, I dont know if I am stupid or what, I actually never realized that. Its not bad that this is like my personal diary, but its just that I never realized that, and thats not the only reason I had my blog for. Actually, I shouldn't be talking about that, as when I started the blog, it was like I would be reviewing everyday activity, back in September 2007. Thinking of which, I restarted my blog around the sametime, I hope this again doesn't meet the same fate, as earlier. Ok now this post is not all about this blog being a personal diary and me going crazy over, why I never realised it, but just posting a different topic. I will continue with my experiences in Germany, in the subsequent posts.

Anyways, when I was in Kindergarden, I remember looking up towards the sky and wondering if there was a big shower somewhere above, for the rain. I am sure everyone would have had their own theories. The cartoons would display the cloud to be a packet holding water and the lightening acting as scissors and cutting through it to drop rain. Kindergarden, is supposed to be the days when the brain is most active, as we develop our own theories, within our limits, and with pretty satisfactory results too, until they are proved wrong by those printed pages of bound organizatons called Books (I hate when they are right!). So coming back, but apart from those theories development, the one thing I never forget is the smile it brings on my face. I would just want to go, run, roll, sleep, play, whenever those pearly, white drops come down from the sky, but in vain, as when you are that small, you are supposed to be heavily watched over, even one step out in rain, and Harish you are grounded for the week(Crap!). Well they had their reasons, who would want to keep going to Doctor with illness, for playing in rain, almost everyday. Especially, after a sunny day, however, being sunny or rainy harldy brought a big difference, but there always used to be some connection between those rainy days, when I was more happy.

As I grew, I came to know the real reason behind rain, those evaporation and condensation, blah-blah, however, this hardly changed any effect of those rainy days. It was just that during these rainy days, most eventful things happened for me. Ok, remembering, I had my first serious accident also during a rainy day, not sounding very pesssimistic, blinded by rain and going at a speed of 60kmph, on a scooty and trying one of those movie stunts, where people drive with their eyes closed in rain, what do you expect? Well I learnt something, movies and real lives are different. I would simply find some reason, just to go out get wet in rain, even if it meant pushing my scooty pretending to be punctured, or reaching half-an hour late for my computer classes.

Now, am in a different country and I see that my inclination towards the rainy days hasnt changed a bit. Just one shower, and everything seems so fresh and so green. Even the smell of rain, the smell of sand or earth during rains, just brings on the goosebumps. Well looks like I ended up making this post also personal.

4 comments:

MsRulz said...

I liked it better when your blog was like a personal diary!! What is this blog about? Kindergarden, rain etc... Its so girly!! :-D

Unknown said...

ada paavi..!! just thought for a difference..!! its not girly..!! anyways this was again a bit of personal thing..!! anyways i told i will b continuing with my experiences in subsequent posts..!!

Abcd said...

Rain had always been an epitome of beauty , I can never forget the days when I enjoyed the smell of the sand after the rain ........ I guess Rain always brings back old memories

I liked this dialogue from Bleach :D
Otahime : "Rain always makes me feel like crying, I wish i were the rain, So i can touch people , and get connected to their hearts to feel their emotions "

Unknown said...

well..i cant say anything now tht u ve quoted bleach's dialog in it.. :P