Sep 25, 2008

The so called PUNKS..!!

I still remember, seeing Amitabh Bachchan / Rajnikanth in movies earlier, fighting these huge- sized, weirdos, with almost shaved head except the center part, where they have quite long hairs and with colours like red, blue, green,etc. all over them, calling themselves as villains. The image got embedded in my brain, that this is how villains looked. I used to wonder, are these people crazy to have a style like these, even though they were called villains. Well, one does do crazy stuffs for movies. I happen to see these styles more, when I started watching star movies, the mid-80s rock star, with complete weird styles, like shaving just half of their head, tattoos, small are fine, but having tattoos covering almost the entire body looks pathetic! I thought such practices of shaving just half of the head were done here, to humiliate a person (chehre pe kaala rang and gadhe ki sawari!).

Anyways, I hope one would have understood, my personal reaction towards such styles, I dont mean to offend them, after all they are also called ' "styles" ' (its not gramatical error, but just extra quotes, for extra effect!). Well I never thought, that I would be a spectator to such styles in reality (again, not sounding very offensive!), but common, imagine I walk out of the Hauptbahnhof (Central station) here, I see a person, with half shaved hair, with magenta colour on the remaining hair, the ear on the shaved side of head with rings (4 or 5), black jeans and black leather jacket, and the best part was when I realized it was a woman. And what was even astonishing, she was only one of the many such stylists (I wanna sound optimistic!) I saw. My face was, woah! am I in TV, any shooting going on here? Nope she was a reality, I knew I should have taken a pic. Anyways, the tough part was to differentiate between a guy and a girl, black being their dress code, only the tops they wore helped in distinguishing, as their styles were so similar, a casual glance wouldn't be sufficient. What amazes me everytime I look at them, is their creativity on experimenting on their body (tattoos, piercings!), with the worst combinations of colours (blue, lavender!), thats the reason I have separate kind of respect for someone like Lasith Malinga (lighter note!). Some observation helped in distinguishing between the male and female a bit easily, the guys wore jeans so low, that at some point you would wonder, how is that jeans still on him. Apparently the women, wear tight jeans. Well, even if you are comfortable with these tattoos and stylish hair colours, and just when you start thinking that there not much abnormal about that, the piercings will freak you out. I still remember, when I got on the bus, I saw this female right before me, with almost 5 rings around her mouth, I mean who pierces in mouth, and 5 rings, 1 or even 2 rings are quite common and how does she even eat! Gimme a break! Well I had to turn my face immediately, or I would have ended up either shouting or laughing. Well, on one side, I cant stop being amazed at them for experimenting with themselves at these extreme ways, in which one would imagine and thats a pretty difficult thing to do. I mean even if I would want to do such stuff (which will never be in this lifetime!), just for say, I dont think I will do it, just thinking of others reaction, but for them to reach to such an extent, they have my appreciation.

13 comments:

MsRulz said...

OMG!! Harish!! I read this blog in office and I just kept laughing for a looong time. My office-mate thinks that "I" am a weirdo (extra quotes for extra emphasis :P)

The content and your style of writng... Amazing :D :D :D :D

Unknown said...

Thanks buddy...!!

Unknown said...

and nice work with extra quotes on u..!!

Lakshmi said...

one wonders if one will see harish return wit long hair, one side pony-tailed n coloured a bright orange?? "when in rome da..." :D

Unknown said...

well.. tht wudnt b atleast in this life time..!! long hair yeah.. but orange colour, am not a freak..!!

Arpita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arpita said...

7 piercings. A tattoo. Cropped hair.
Am I a punk impersonated? hahahahaha..Do let me know ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

7 piercings @ the same place, or close proximity (all the 7 together, not grouped separate), tattoos, cropped hair with weird colors, like magenta or lavender or even purple, well v r looking at one..!! :D but still 7 piercings..?? I can imagine at the max 5..!! but 7...!!!

Arpita said...

Arre yaar..you don't want me to make an excel sheet and have a look at the statistics of the number of piercings..lest you wanna plot a graph and calculate SD too :P
Waise I never knew you were color-blind!! As far I remember I always had black hair!

Unknown said...

phew.. arpita, i mean if u had, ok 'if' is missing thr..!! and talking about being technical, pls..!! graph for piercings..!! whr did tht come from..?? :O and thts tattoos, and i missed another feature, sultry expression of theirs'..!! :P

Arpita said...

Dude..didnt get a head n tail out of your last 2 comments..confusion..confusion.
Its all goofed up.
I was referrin to myself (7 prcin, tattoos n all. I have them!!)
N the way you questioned made me retort as to whether you need a statistically drawn inferrence!
Boy, its tough, putting comments and explaining them later on!!!

Unknown said...

well news to u, i exactly understood what u had commented (ofcourse tht was about urself!), and I was telling that if u had all those stuffs, mentioned above, then yep v r looking at one..!! but yeah u dont hav colored hair, so u bail urself out of the group. and yeah they also hav pathetic, sultry expressions, so thts another one to bail u out of tht group..!! :D